Thread: guidance
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 07:18 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hello WW Oneil, I am new to this site. I to was a wounded warrior but am medically retired March at 100% P&T, 60% DOD. Just went to SSDI hearing 14 June 2016. I pray things went well for you after your postings in January. I am awaiting my decision from the ALJ hearing. It's been mentally challenging as well as financially stressful. The military takes care of its own while you are in but when you leave, you are on your own to figure out how to make ends meet. I never knew what Military members who retire by means of a medical Seperation or regular retire go through with receiving their final pay, first retirement check, first VA pay, VA back pay, Tricare issues, and waiting on final VA ratings until I am retired myself and facing this. All of these things puts such a physical stress on your body. You get to a point that you just don't know what to do but pick between letting the bills go along with your great credit score because you have to live day to day and don't have the money to make ends meet or buying food, or paying for medication co pays. I just do not remember other Military members I worked with, who got out on medical talk about this part of the suffering.
Don't know when my 1st SSDI letter will come. I just pray you and your family are doing good now.
kazhmone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote