View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Of all months

July being an acknowledged hard month to get through. Now on top of it, his home country has for the first time in more than 50 yrs got through to the semi finals in football. Some of you call it round ball, some of you know it as soccer. 2am mornings up to watch the games has been wonderful. Family and friends of course are up and watching at normal hours so the iPad is pinging all night long with updates even when he isn't up and watching. Thank goodness he isn't up for all games, just those that feature Wales. Luckily he is an early morning riser with his job & usually up at 3.50am, with the games he has been up at 2 and so far, only one has fallen on a rostered day. Alcohol is very much in and on his mind and he is on a very narrow ledge. I'm being as supportive as I can, in an ideal world no one would be sending messages of where they are and who they are with, every photo sent wouldn't feature bars, pubs, drinks and mateship. The real brothers in arms camaraderie, but there you go, we can't live in a bubble and it would be petty to wish it away. This is a one in a lifetime event, I truly believe it. If we win on Weds night and get through to the finals it will be amazing. I've shed tears in awe as I've watched and cheered these men on in the middle of the night. I know how emotionally invested nearly every Welshman or woman is. So I hope and pray, games won or not, sobriety ultimately wins.
eva5667faliure (07-03-2016), ger715 (07-06-2016), kiwi33 (07-03-2016)