View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Been there, our experience

We did the stool test you overnight to the lab and sat down with the analyst....

no pylori (which can mess with your sinemet absorption-search this forum for articles about that), and SOME critters in there that were questionable, but we never got a really clear answer on why they were bad, plus the amount in there was very very low....

we purchased the recommended very expensive oil of oregano, a probiotic, and some other supplements I can't remember

One visit, the test, and recommended supplements were over a thousand dollars, so this is a very pricey undertaking and not covered by insurance.

Results? Could not tell a difference. But that's just one person, and I really don't think we had that big of an intestinal imbalance to make a huge difference. We eat so healthy to begin with, which is where it all starts, I believe.

Having said that, however, the constipation needs to be kept under control if possible, because it can ruin your day (or week, as the case may be). Here are things we have read about over the years for constipation and that we do (sorry for the pun, there, ha):

-lots of water
-exercise (especially walking, it moves those innards around!)
-fiber, so fruits and veggies
-oatmeal (NOT instant, steel cut or the rough flakes, and yes, it does take longer to cook but it's worth it)
-there are recipes out there for prune juice and stewed fruit you can make, and many people swear they can work wonders, but we have not tried those

We found that taking a probiotic seemed to cause upset stomach, so we don't take that anymore. Maybe we didn't take the right ones, but we tried several, one was Digest Gold, another was FortiFlora I think, it's been awhile and we've thrown them away, so I'm not sure. Plus, what didn't work for us may work for someone else, this is just our experience.

I hope you get some relief, constipation is miserable.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (07-04-2016)