View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 07:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Jessie

Welcome to Neurotalk (NT) - I read your introduction post but thought I'd reply here.

Things are a bit quiet on NT recently since they did a website upgrade - search engines have to re-find us - so if responses are few or slow that may be why - also holidays are often quieter

Regarding the neurological symptoms you describe many of them can be typical of Peripheral Neuropathy (PN). You may want to check out the PN forum on here.

Unfortunately there are over 100 different types of PN and just as many causes. Equally there are different ways to diagnose different types. Sorry this sounds pretty negative but many of us on here have been through it. Most find the best way to try to figure out what type and cause is by a process of elimination eg: if you know you're not diabetic, don't consume vast amounts of alcohol, etc - you can cross those off. B12 deficiency, chemicals, some medications, cancer treatment are all among things that can cause PN.

Rather than go through a list here's a couple of links to help:
National Institute of Health:
Peripheral Neuropathy Fact Sheet

Cleveland Clinic:
Peripheral Neuropathy

Depending on what other medications you're on others may be able to help with info on possible side effects of those - maybe if you could post both current and previous meds and how long you were on them (some can take a long time to build up to intolerance).

Hope this info is of use - please feel free to come back and ask any specific questions - there's others here with more experience than I have.

All the best for finding answers.

Added: I was just reading another thread and thought it might be useful - here's the link:
MCAS: Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (or Disorder)

Last edited by bluesfan; 07-04-2016 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (07-04-2016), mrsD (07-04-2016), PatternsInTheIvy (07-04-2016)