View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 05:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

thank you for responding, Mark.
I truly fear I have CTE. I suffered like 5 concussions @ the age of 21 alone (and countless others (if i really thought about it i'd say i've suffered 15 concussions in roughly 15 years) + tons of subconcussive blows before and since)
i keep getting this awful feeling of intense anger, mixed with crying, and a feeling like i am going to hurt myself or someone else. this has been happening on and off for a few months now, and is getting more intense, with less time between. it's like a panic-y angry emotional thing i can't explain. now with this new concussion it's 100 times worse.
you say it's a long drawn out process...but i am already 32. the bulk of head injuries occurred in my early to mid 20's (though i've received about 6 since then...god, it's awful).
can SSRI's treat the depression/rage/sadness that goes along with CTE? i don't mean cure it, but will can they possibly make me tolerate life for a while longer?
can you give yourself a concussion from punching yourself in the head? i've also been a huge self-puncher (anger). if i were to add up the self-punches, we're looking @ maybe 200 in a 10 year span?
why is that boxers seem to have a slower onset of the disease as opposed to football players/wrestlers?

ugh. just a brain dump. i can't believe i got another concussion, haha.
dumb bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote