View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 10:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've used another interaction checker in the past, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause a reaction like this. Repeatedly warned of seizures in rare cases with the bupropion and the Adderall, though more so in cases in those with neurological disorders.

I've already done research on which medications affect dopamine levels given dopamine in particular seems to screw with the CNS/PNS. The Adderall and bupropion are both Dopamine/Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors. The topiraimate is the only definitive dopamine antagonist that I'm on. Clonazepam potentially has an effect on dopamine levels, but I'll have to talk to neuro about that. I have heard that benzos can affect dopamine levels, but I haven't found definitive evidence either way. The lamotrigine is a sodium channel blocker and glutamate antagonist; irrelevant in what I'm looking for. 2:1 on dopamine uppers to dopamine downers, but I'm not sure what the relative strength of the one dopamine antagonist is to the two DNRIs. More neuro questions as soon as they called me.

...Yes. I am a giant nerd. I'm a psych major too, so I'm extra nerdy here. :P
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote