View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Something kind of funny for a change

I thought I would post about this because it made me laugh and it might do the same for somebody else.

My neuropathy has been more on the mild side lately, but sometimes I get these flare ups where my skin is ultra sensitive and it burns. Well, yesterday I went to a pool party for the 4th of July and I was out in the sun all day.

I woke up this morning and my shoulders and arms were burning terribly and my first thought was, oh no, my neuropathy is back with a vengeance! I was so sad because I'm going out of town for a week tomorrow. I got all teary and sad and then I walked to the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror. I was sunburnt to a literal crisp. I even put on a TON of sunscreen yesterday. I started laughing hysterically because I was actually relieved that it was just a sunburn and NOT neuropathy.

The funniest part was I ended up running down to the rental office of my building where my best friend works and I made her look at it and tell me it was indeed a sunburn.

I have never in my life been relieved to have a sunburn - thanks a lot neuropathy. It just made me laugh so much because I realized just how much neuropathy has taken over my entire life and sometimes I feel like the only thing in my control is to find some silver lining or humor, which definitely happened this morning.

I hope everybody in the US had a lovely holiday weekend!
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (07-05-2016), glenntaj (07-06-2016), mrsD (07-05-2016), ShaggyChic_1201 (07-09-2016)