Thread: mestinon
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default mestinon

I've had a pretty rough summer. I've had swallowing issues since Dec. but managed to kind of get through. Then, I had a bad choking scare in early May. A few weeks later, I was doing p90x chest and arms which provoked esophageal spasms. These led to severe panic attacks until I found out what was going on. I somewhat have this under control. But I have had incredible fatigue since May. To the point that I can't even eat at times. I just don't feel like it. (This could be stress because my appetite is always first to go when I am stressed.) My weight is down to 105. My blood pressure this morning was 85/57. My temp was 107. I am 44 and my mother in law who just had knee surgery is literally running circles around me. A few months ago, I was running 25-30 miles per week. Now, I cannot walk without being breathless and exhausted.

My neuro suggested in June that I quit my levothyroxine (50mcg/day) because of my weight and because of my panic attacks. I have to admit that I am much calmer now. But I don't have the energy to get too excited about anything.

For the past week, I have been running a low grade fever at night. My body hates me.

My pcp is testing for tick fever. My husband currently has it.

I spoke with my neuro this morning and he has prescribed a low dose of mestinon. He feels that it will help my blood pressure and autonomic issues. By the way, other than documented low blood pressure, I have not had autonomic issues tested.

I am a little scared. I do not want to do anything to trigger another esophageal spasm.

Has anyone tried mestinon for autonomic issues? Did it trigger spasms for any of you?

I just kind of want to cry. I miss the old me. I don't like who I am becoming.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote