View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I just discovered that Aspercreme now has a Lidocaine patch OTC. This is just fabulous.... they are 4% compared to 5%RX Lidoderm.

I currently use the 4% cream on my foot, and it is very useful.
Far better than Salonpas or other "rubs".

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Cremes and Gels: Pain Relieving Creme with Lidocaine

I find the cream is more "flexible" in reaching areas that the patches don't stick well enough for. But really today, in US, these two alternatives are excellent for pain relief.

Tendonitis is also a possibility.... if you have used Cipro (or Levaquin or Avelox) in the recent
past, you may have deterioration of your tendons, as a side effect. Worst case scenario is
a rupture which is very painful and can only be fixed surgically. Given that MSers have bladder
issues, you may all be exposed to Cipro treatments and therefore susceptible to tendon
damage.
Medscape: Medscape Access

Information for Healthcare Professionals: Fluoroquinolone Antimicrobial Drugs [ciprofloxacin (marketed as Cipro and generic ciprofloxacin), ciprofloxacin extended-release (marketed as Cipro XR and Proquin XR), gemifloxacin (marketed as Factive), levofloxacin (marketed as Levaquin), moxifloxacin (marketed as Avelox), norfloxacin (marketed as Noroxin), and ofloxacin (marketed as Floxin)]
I have ordered some of the Aspercreme with Lidocaine. In the meantime I'm using Salonpas. They help but I'm hoping the Aspercrem will help more.

I have taken Cipro in the past for UTI's but it made my joints hurt SO badly I stopped it. Now I just tell the doctors I'm allergic to it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-05-2016), Starznight (07-05-2016), tkrik (07-15-2016)