View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 09:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Supplement advise please

I would love to know if supplements really do help w/ pn pains.. I don't want to take gaba because I had a nightmarish withdrawal from benzodiazepines that were rxed me for sleep.. I would like to avoid anything that could potentially be addicting or mess with cognition... I just recently read about benfotiamine and have been taking 1000/ mg per day of life extension mega benfotiamineFor a few weeks now it seems to help w/ the buzzing in my feet but I still have burning and numbness.. how long should I take it or any supplement for that matter for it to help... I just started taking r-ala 200 from a sports supplement company , but I now just read that stabilized is better and it doesn't say that it is .. It's a 90 day supply .. I 'd hate to take it for 3 months and have it do nothing if the stabilized version is better...I also started taking Kirklands (Costco)brand methyl b12 5000 mcg.. My concern here as with any supplement is the quality of manufacture... Anyone know if Kirklands is a reliable brand... I also take qunol ubiquinol 100 mg .. I don't know if it helps with pn but it dramatically improved my cholesterol .. So that's what I take... B-12, ubiquinol , benfotiamine and r- ala... Is there anything else I should be taking that members have found helpful? Your input and insights would be greatly appreciated ... Also, while shopping at Walmart I came across Dr Teals pure Epsom Salt Foot Cream reasonably priced @ 5.00 for an 8 oz tube .. Thought I would give that a shot as well... Thanks again
jon mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote