View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

If you consider the difference between boxers and football players, football players often receive hundreds of subconcussive impacts per season plus any full concussions. These subconcussive impacts often start during the early teen years.

Boxers do not often have full contact training during those younger years so that could change the onset and progression.

I don't understand what the physical symptoms vs emotional/psychiatric symptoms means. Is physical meaning memory and cognitive ?

I've also never read that wrestlers have statistically significant PCS or CTE issues.

You need to keep in mind that the post mortem brain database is still small. I think you have spent too much focus on CTE and may have greatly exacerbated any struggles that you have. Reading research articles is not for the light of heart.

btw, They have found a number of biomarkers for mTBI but no affordable tests for wide use. Plus, without therapies, what matter does it make. They have also found that there is not a direct relationship between those brains studied that show CTE and the level of symptoms the deceased manifested. Some with mild or no symptoms show severe CTE. Some with no observable CTE have serious symptoms.

Just as my neuro has never seen anybody with as severe brain dysfunction as me yet I continue to perform at superior levels.

Research suggests that attitude impacts function. Resolving depression can help improve attitude thus improve function.

I suggest you check with the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation for possible help. Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation

Have you checked with the closest neuro-rehab clinic or hospital for a doctor?

Since you are seeing a psychiatrist, why are you not getting help for your struggles ? It appears you are not on any meds yet. Is that true ?

"I have been looking online for brain trauma doctors/psychiatrists...it seems almost all of them are involved with athletes or those who suffer from epilepsy." Neurologists are rarely any real benefit. A psychiatrist who works with athletes should be good unless he just is involved with performance, not post concussion problems.

Something to grasp is simple, if your current doctor is not working for you, try to find a different doctor. The Canadian health system may make it difficult but you need to try.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote