View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:50 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Hello KellyRoberson28: Welcome to NeuroTalk! I'm still new here too! (I'm a more active member on NeuroTalk's sister website: PsychCentral.) I've never been diagnosed as having had concussions. But I'm quite certain I've had a few. I'm an older person & for many years of my life, the seriousness of concussions was not recognized. I've had the floaters you mention. Plus I've also had a detached retina that had to be repaired with a laser. I also have tinnitus (ringing in the ears.) Yes, anger & anxiety certainly can aggravate these sorts of conditions. They do for me. I struggle with both anger & anxiety as well as depression.

After I had my detached retina repaired, the doctor old me I should have my eyes checked once a year in case some additional trouble developed. Thankfully it hasn't. I'm glad, your retinas are intact. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. But you may want to continue to have your eyes checked periodically to make sure everything continues to be okay. I can't say if what you are seeing will go away over time. I still have floaters. And I see little black speckles when I look up at the sky. But, then, I'm an older person. So that may be part of it for me. I wish you well...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote