View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 09:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
What did your neuro say to stop? The thyroid med?!! Why? Being between 1 and 2 for TSH is ideal. It wouldn't cause fatigue if it were at that level.

There are MANY causes of fatigue/sleepiness. A thyroid condition is only one of them. MG is another.

One of the first signs of MG is needing to take a nap.

A neurologist is not an endocrinologist. They shouldn't act as one either. Going off of a thyroid med can be dangerous! In fact, that alone could cause weakness and put someone into a MG crisis!!!

There are MG experts at Washington University. Please find one!

I'm sorry you live so far from care.

Annie

He took me off of levo (I was only on 50mcg) because my weight kept dropping. My PCP is the one who prescribed the thyroid meds because of fatigue years ago. I have never seen an endocrinologist. At first it was wonderful. For the first time in my life I had normal body temp and blood pressure. But the fatigue came back this summer (and last summer and the summer before) and my thyroid was 1.7. He felt that the current problems are not thyroid related but because my body is attacking my autonomic system now.

I tested positive for anti-jo 1 last year. This antibody is associated with polymyositis. However, no other blood work came back supporting this. My neurologist thinks that I had it because my antibodies were so high but no longer do.

I do not necessarily feel tired and often find it difficult to take a nap. But my body is exhausted. It's like my brain is going 90 to nothing and my body just won't go with it.

My face seems fine. I cannot recall having my eye droop at any time.

I feel certain that I do not have MG. I have a small lesion on c5/c6 (from disk degeneration). I feel like this is causing muscle tightness in my chest and probably explains why my neck gets tired so fast. Even wearing a necklace seems to irritate it. My muscles in my neck, shoulders, and chest have been tight for as long as I can remember. When I move or stretch my arms, bones in my chest pop. It's like they are working too hard, rather than not hard enough.

Are muscle spasms and tightness a symptom of MG because when all of this began for me that was my worst issues. My legs and feet would curl at night. It was awful.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marijke (08-28-2016)