View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm sure that most people can tolerate medications like Nortriptyline, Amitriptyline, Effexor or Xanax just fine. I was ok with Nortriptyline for the first month and was even making progress.

It seemed like the medication made my head more "delicate" so that when I overdid it my condition severely deteriorated, much more than it would have without it. A head bump and a neck injury should not have resulted in me being unable to get out of bed for 9 months.

The same goes for JudyAnn's daughter and JoeInLA - Concussion Prevention
JudyAnn's daughter has to stay in bed all day and can barely tolerate listening to people talk. JoeInLA's condition became so bad that he had to lie in bed staring at the wall for two years. They are also on antidepressants.

Granted, they had repeat concussions and head-bumps but even so that shouldn't have made their condition so bad. I had PCS back in 2005 and also had a repeat concussion. It set me back a month but it didn't leave me bedridden. Two years ago I got my head slammed while having PCS and again it just set me back a couple weeks. I wasn't on any medications at the time so I was ok.

It just doesn't make sense that some extra blows to the head would cause such debilitating symptoms for so long. I think the medications played a role. The benefits of those drugs aren't worth the risk of the side effects.

Last edited by DrewDigital; 07-07-2016 at 02:22 PM.
DrewDigital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote