Thread: Mild concussion
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 04:33 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Me too

I had a concussion about a month ago. I was told it was mild to moderate, to take a week off. Now, one month later, I'm still feeling confused, depressed, etc. I was told to see a neurologist if you've had a head injury. I'm thinking I should have done that. They say not to get too hyper vigilant, over-thinking everything. But it's tough to ignore. Sometimes, I've read, these post-concussion symptoms can last for a long time. After a while, people consider your change in personality to be psychological when, in reality, they have a physiological origin. Anyway. I felt super alone so I went to a TBI support group. Mistake. Everyone else in the group had had major brain surgery and I felt like such a loser complaining about my "mild" concussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots86 View Post
Hey folks,

I'm new to the concussion scene. My girlfriend and I were rear-ended last Tuesday in our car and the emerg doctor said I had a minor concussion. I was heading to Boston on the Thursday for the weekend and even though I felt a little foggy and had some pressure in my head/headaches it was a fairly good weekend. I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I've been really focused on my symptoms since the accident.

Flash forward to Monday July 3 - I returned to work (computer work) but felt the dizzy/foggy feeling worsen slightly and was accompanied with headaches. So I went to the doctor and he gave me a note to take the rest of the week off. I've been resting since, no tv, no reading, sleeping lots.

Today was the first day I went for a slow 30 minute walk and watched a few movie trailers on my phone. I've also been colouring in an adult colouring book to pass the time. But the foggy feeling and pressure with headaches doesn't seem to want to leave. Any advice or tips to help? I'm nervous because I don't have any sick time left at work and I have to go back next Monday. I just want this to go away.

Thanks
S
Henry924 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote