View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry RSD and I am lost for any help

I was here in 2011 and then never came back. I thought I could deal with RSon my own, but was I ever wrong. Since 2011 my RSD has progressed and now the pain is unrelenting. Finally my primary care doctor found a combination of two medications that helped me to at least get out of a wheel chair and walk with a cane. However, because of the DEA's crack down of prescription drug abuse, my doctor keeps reducing the doses of both meds. and I am almost back in a W/C. He referred me to pain management, and none of them will treat with medications that are controlled. I have tried everything I can so I would not have to resort to medications, however nothing has worked. I am a 61 yr. old woman who has reached a dead end. Never have I abused any drugs in my life and in order to function, my only option is to take the medications, which are Methadone tablets and Fentanyl Patch. I am terrified. My doctor said I should go into a Nursing Home! I would never even qualify for one, for pain management?? Absurd. So what do people who suffer unrelenting pain do now that the DEA has doctors afraid to prescribe. If I have to live this way I ask God to take me. I have no life as it is, but now I can hardly function. I live alone an I have used every resource I can think of. Is there anyone who can guide me and at least offer me hope? I thank everyone on this web site for speaking out about their illness's.
Best Wishes,
oojoaj
oojoaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote