Thread: Mild concussion
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you for the great ideas. My friend actually bought me an adult colouring book so I've been using that and I enjoy cross stitching so I will try that out tomorrow and see how that makes me feel. I've also attempted reading tonight and it doesn't seem to be affecting me poorly.

It's funny you should mention my neck, I was just thinking a massage might help. I've noticed depending on some sitting positions I can feel strain on my neck and shoulders and even some strain in my head. So I think icing my neck is a good idea. I will continue to avoid screens as much as possible.

Thanks again
S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Scoots,

As Jo*Mar said, the no screens means no stimulating screens, etc. It is important to stimulate good brain blood flow to help the brain purge the toxins from the injury. Napping and too much rest can disrupt getting good sleep at proper sleep times. You want to maintain proper sleep times and get quality sleep.

Find a low stress activity will be beneficial. I would expect you to also need some neck care. Many concussion symptoms are magnified by subtle upper neck injuries that cause inflammation that can disrupt vertebral blood flow to the brain. Icing your neck can be helpful.

Read the Vitamins sticky for some good info. Be sure to check the recipe for crushable ice packs. Most of the information is in the first post and one on page 46. (linked from the first post)
Scoots86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote