Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
I did a couple of searches in this thread and was not able to find what I am looking for — probably because I am not very good at writing the correct search terms — so I'll ask a question.

I am recently diagnosed with pernicious anemia. With regard to sublingual B12, I'd like to hear what products others are using and how well they are working. I have some Jarrow Methyl B12 1,000 mcg, but I wonder if there is another form (liquid or powder) that would be better than the tablets, which, by the way, take a long time to dissolve under the tongue.

Thanks.
Sublingual does not work well. Chew them up and swallow
followed with water. Take only on an empty stomach, as food will bind B12's micrograms and prevent absorption.

A study was done with B12, orally for both normal volunteers and those with pernicious anemia and similar absorption occurred in both groups when used on an empty stomach. (no food for an hour after.)
PubMed Central, Table 1: Blood. 28 Sep 15; 112(6): 2214–2221. Prepublished online 28 Jul 7. doi: 1.1182/blood-28-3-4253

The abbreviation on the table is PA = pernicious anemia.

If one is taking B12 orally, you need to follow the protocol, so as to get aborption. If I were you I'd take 5000mcg (5mg) once a day until you improve. You could back down to 1 or 2mg after that if you take it properly. Also don't bother with cyano...use methylcobalamin which is already active in the body.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (07-08-2016)