Thread: Mild concussion
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Well that turned around fast. I'm starting to feel panicked that I'll never get better. There are some pretty awful stories on here about symptoms dragging on for a long time. I don't think I could handle that.

I'm a very anxious person and I tend to catastrophize things - I was doing a thought record earlier and I couldn't remember what CBT stood for (cognitive behavioural therapy) for about a minute and then I thought I was having memory loss. Anyway, I've been off all this week but having nothing but my thoughts has allowed me to work myself up a lot.

I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and even though I still have symptoms the idea of being home alone with my thoughts freaks me out. Not to mention I'm out of sick time so I need to go back to work to get paid. But then the thought of going to work and potentially making things worse by doing computer work also makes me anxious. I feel so trapped in my anxiety and concussion symptoms. Does anyone have any words of encouragement right now?

Thanks
S
Scoots86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote