Thread: Mild concussion
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Henry,

That's good. Being aware of when these symptoms manifest so you can slow down or doing something else to no exacerbate them is good. Some people get stuck tracking these symptoms so their focus is "How am I responding to light ?" "Am I feeling tired" etc. and even track them in a journal/smart phone app. This can make symptoms appear worse.

So, stay the course and just be aware of the need to make small changes when symptoms start or increase. It is sometimes as simple as, "Symptom X is manifesting mildly and I can tolerate that level of Symptom X. I don't need to do anything about it except it may not be a time to take on extra work or stress. "

For me, these are 'No driving' days or 'No groups with lots of voices' days or maybe 'No TV news drama' days or evenings.

We don't need to climb into a hole. Just simple moderation can make our days go much better. For some, this lowered stress level is found to be an improvement to life and they choose to live a less stressful life regardless of PCS.

So, good for you. Sounds like you are making good choices.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote