Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
OhKay, that is a great goal.

You might find the information in this reputable source helpful on your journey.

Losing Weight

| Healthy Weight | CDC

All the best.

For the first two weeks, I'll definitely be reducing my caloric intake substantially just by eliminating the garbage I'm eating now- not even considering the restrictions. The first stage is geared towards reducing the body's cravings for "bad carbs," and when more "good carbs" are reintroduced after those two weeks, the diet becomes more conventional. The ultimate goal of the diet once you reach your weight loss goal is a change of lifestyle.

Exercise is difficult for me because I'm disabled. There is no way I can burn the calories recommended by any guidelines. I do get on a recumbent exercise bike for 30 minutes at least 5 x week, but it's slow going. Honestly, I've been lax this week since my husband's been on vacation.

I do have concerns about how the reduction in calories and carb intake may influence how my meds effect me. My main concern is sedation. I'm going to have to pay close attention to this issue, and may have to modify phase 1, or skip it altogether if necessary.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-08-2016), Dmom3005 (07-11-2016), Kitty (07-11-2016), kiwi33 (07-08-2016), Mari (07-08-2016)