View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 04:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Crps be,

I found betahistine to be the most helpful, until my batches were incorrectly compounded. I lost 50% of my hearing in my right ear. If you ever think something is off, check the betahistine immediately.

I also took the hctz, along with low dose Valium. I carried compazine suppositories in my purse for emergencies.

About 2 years ago, just before I got CRPS my Meniere's abated. I hope yours abates, too, it is horrible.
I previously always got the "Betaserc" (betahistine name brand) by the company Abbott. That got taken over by the company Mylan. The packaging was the same, everything the same except the brand name in the corner was different. Now I didn't even realize this, and kept taking them. Then I had one incident in my bathroom where I almost fell over from losing balance (just like that). And my ear kept popping (always my right ear).

Then I checked the box all over. And bingo!

Now I had taken generics by Mylan years ago as well and had the same kind of experience.

Now, normally if they keep the packaging the same, they shouldn't be able to touch the formula either, right? Well, guess again.

There is a generic brand in the EU that is big called "EG, Eurogenerics" and with that generic I have *never* had an issue, so back to those it was. I was okay with the ones by Abbott too (but then they got taken over).

Mine hasn't abated in the slightest, and it's been a number of years now (about 4 to 5 or so).

I don't react to valium whatsoever. Big mystery as to why, but I just don't feel like I've taken anything when I do take them.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote