View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was diagnosed 1998, almost 3 years after onset. I was in pain so much I could not get out of bed, and the RSD/CRPS spread from both knees all through my legs (tippy toes to hips). Both legs. It wasn't until that time that I got put on mild/moderate pain medication (Tramadol). First the drops, then the long release ones. But that only took the sharpness off of the pain.

It took until 2004 until I got adequate pain relief. So in that time, I had a lot of issues with sounds, and not being able to get accustomed to things around me, having a really short fuse, things like that, being angry a lot.

Then 4 years later it spread to both arms/hands. I got and am still getting treatment for that (but it does not affect my legs anymore). I have a pretty severe disability from that.

I think the key sometimes also is adequate pain relief. Anxiety, not being able to stand sounds, I recognize that, but I don't have that so much now anymore, now that my pain is controlled.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
scubaforsythe (08-23-2016)