View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks. I don't have as much pain as I have tingling, numbness, creepy crawlers, electrical currents and the like. But I do have pain now and then and more of it recently, but so far I've gotten off relatively easily, if someone with body wide SFN and so many symptoms can say such a thing. The worst symptom is shaking or internal vibrations especially when I try to sleep. I never have peace when I lie down, which is depressing to say the least.

Anyway, if you search under my username, you'll see a My Story thread or some such thing where I go into detail about my case. It spread within months and became body wide, and I gave up all alcohol, so I wouldn't know. 95% of my drinking was beer though, and beer is the worst because of the grain, gluten to be precise, and so the impact it has on your intestinal lining and gut microbiome. I think alcohol/beer (not to mention your typical high carb North American diet) contributed greatly to my current predicament, to creating intestinal permeability, inflammation and possibly autoimmunity. There is plenty of evidence for this, but sadly I didn't know about it until it was too late.

Last edited by DavidHC; 07-09-2016 at 05:59 PM.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote