View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Anxiety can mess up coordination. CT Scans have very high doses of radiation. They should be avoided unless there is a serious indication of a need. You do not have any indication of a need for a CT Scan.

I would bet your outbursts are not immediate. They likely follow a build-up and trigger. Learning to recognize that build-up and trigger can be very helpful. If your outbursts include spikes in blood pressure, they can be causing an increased risk to your health.

Do you have a home blood pressure kit ? The automatic wrist models are affordable. Knowing how your BP responds to the outbursts will be very helpful.

I had to learn that as much as I wanted to explode, I did not have a right to explode. The explosive outburst never improves the situation. It usually only makes things worse. Learning some new thoughts to moderate your outbursts can help. CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy). Here is a good example:

Grandpa in the Grocery Store

A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly behaved 3 year-old grandson.

It's obvious to her that Gramps has his hands full with the child screaming for candy in the candy aisle, cookies in the cookie aisle; same for fruit, cereal and soda in their respective aisles.

Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- easy, boy." Another outburst, and she hears Gramps calmly say, "It's okay, Albert, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps again in a controlled voice says, "Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, Albert."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. "You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. Albert is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said Gramps, "but I'm Albert -- the little terror's name is Steve."

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote