Old 07-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Thanks. I don't have as much pain as I have tingling, numbness, creepy crawlers, electrical currents and the like. But I do have pain now and then and more of it recently, but so far I've gotten off relatively easily, if someone with body wide SFN and so many symptoms can say such a thing. The worst symptom is shaking or internal vibrations especially when I try to sleep. I never have peace when I lie down, which is depressing to say the least.

Anyway, if you search under my username, you'll see a My Story thread or some such thing where I go into detail about my case. It spread within months and became body wide, and I gave up all alcohol, so I wouldn't know. 95% of my drinking was beer though, and beer is the worst because of the grain, gluten to be precise, and so the impact it has on your intestinal lining and gut microbiome.

@David - Sorry to hear about your symptoms, can i ask how quickly did they spread for you from you hands/ feet to the rest of your body? Did you also notice symptoms were stronger after a night drinking? and did it make any difference if you drank things other than beer?

thanks again!
The left over symptoms after drinking come from the aldehydes that are not being removed quickly enough from your body.

And yes the type of alcohol matters. There are different congeners in various alcohol types. The popularity of highly filtered vodkas reflects this. The filtering and purifying of vodkas today remove the congeners which are produced by the fermentation process.

Biology of a Hangover: Congeners - How Hangovers Work | HowStuffWorks

We have a long thread here about alcohol and the body damage it causes, and is also a support thread to stop drinking entirely.

http://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-...europathy.html

Scattered thru that thread are new studies about the toxicity of alcohol on tissues. My internet is slow tonight so I can't isolate those links for you at this time.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote