View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 09:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

@ MrsD - So you still feel 475 is low for b12 then? thats interesting! i am just taking the "Jarrow Formulas" Methylcobalmin - 5000mg tablets at the moment, no Methyfolate. Do they need to be taken together to work best? What does Methlyfolate bring to the table exactly?

Should i see no benefit from my current regime in a few weeks i think i will enquire about the MTHFR test, i did ask before but the neuro felt there should be a family history of it which I dont have. There are no neuro symptoms in my family at all. Ialso managed to get my doc to do a blood test for celiac which i should know about this week.

I am interested to read a bit more about the histamine connection though, ever since i was stung by a jellyfish in the Cook Islands around 10 years ago i have had spontaneous weekly eruptions of urticaria for which i take Loratadine. Ive never connected the two things before but I wonder if the loratadine is just covering up the most prominent symptoms and underneath it all it could actually be linked to the SFPN...

thanks also for the congeners info, it would be interesting to see whether i have the same worsening of symptoms after just drinking filtered vodka then, although that test will have to wait

@Glenntaj - thanks for the additional radiculopathy info, i see what you were getting at now, there certainly does seem to be some chance it could be linked to a radiculopathy based on the links you gave. You mentioned that you have something like this, do you notice any link to alcohol worsening your symptoms?

My pain actually begins in all my fingertips and then grows to affect the nerves down the sides of my fingers, my forearm and my elbow, where it stops, it has never gone past that area but affects both arms equally. If it was a radiculopathy of this type, would this be a common set of symptoms? I would have thought that something like this would have either improved or worsened over time though...

@DavidHC - i just read through your history, sounds like it came on quite quickly. Did you suspect alcohol was the cause from the beginning? i see you have found a clear connection to foods which is something i havent seen personally so far. Was it immediately obvious that your diet was so indicative of worsening symptoms, could you always see you had a reaction to particular foods the same day/ day after?

Doing a search of "aldehydes and nerve pain" i found this article, which links nerve pain an out of control fungal infection, which i thought was quite interesting...
JimJamJones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
midori (07-15-2016)