View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No one loves vodka more than me. It makes me a happier, better, more productive and fun-loving person. I swear to God, I was made to drink. Unfortunately, however, even one drink causes the fuzziness in my feet and legs to increase and move up my body. And I never drank one drink. Always a pint or more. I love vodka!
For a while, I'd go two weeks off, two weeks on. But then the fuzziness in my legs stopped going away during the off weeks. I'd done permanent damage. I could walk a city block before, now I can't. Now I can barely make the rounds of a mini-super-market.
So, just three week ago, I stopped drinking entirely and hope to stay forever a less happy, less better, less productive and less fun-loving person.
What a flippin' mess.
I do not think I was ever an alcoholic, since I could stop drinking at will. And I don't think booze was the cause of my disease (the CIDP variant of PM), since it started during a 19 year stretch when I didn't drink at all. But I know for a fact that my beloved V made my symptoms worse and that I allowed it to do damage that'll never leave.
Sigh.
Unlike everyone else here, I don't take any supplements. I've tried all of them over the years and none seemed to make a difference. That said, I'll probably soon start up with them again, to see if now is different. One can only hope.
linter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (07-10-2016), mrsD (07-10-2016)