View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cholesterol Woes

It seems that while some things improve some get worse. While I am fighting and winning my battle over PN,my cholesterol has gotten worse from last year.

Triglicerides are at 1
HDL 1.2
LDL 5
Overall cholesterol is 6.7
Just last year it was 5.2

My GP wants to see me... possibly to push me on meds. I am a bit worried because I know it's elevated, but I think my HDL and Tri's are bad. It seems cholesterol is a controversial medical topic with alot of misleading information out there. I have read very varied publications today,and I'm now confused.

I don't know if my Beta blockers have attributed to this in my case, but I have read that they do alter blood lipids. I also take alot of fishoil,8000mcg daily, and stumbled upon this article.
http://www.cholesterolcholestrol.com...holestrol.html

It seems to read that while they do lower your tryglicerides, they also increase your bad cholesterol.

I am a bit shocked,as I have cleaned up my diet,and I have been exercising for over a year now 3-4 times a week on most weeks.

Any opinions or advice on cholesterol would be appreciated. I know the lab values are different in America, I am not certain how to convert.

Thanks

Last edited by Aussie99; 07-09-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote