Thread: Mild concussion
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Scoots,

Yes, those jolts are common. They are a sleep disorder type of thing. Just as the brain and body start to make that transition to sleep, something misfires. I used to do it all the time such that it disturbed my wife. We changed so she goes to bed and gets asleep before I get in bed so she does not feel my jolts. But, I don't have them anymore.

I think they may be tied to neck inflammation that interferes with nerve signal transmission from the body. That nerve signal gets out of sync and the brain struggles to make sense. Like having the sound out of sync with the TV picture.

I take gabapentin before bed and it helps my nerve signals settle down. But, I am an extreme case.

Your anxiety issues make this more prevalent as the anxiety chemistry needs to settle to sleep.

What did you mean by 'doing a thought record' ?

When you feared amnesia trying to remember CBT, that is not amnesia. It is called Word Finding or aphasia. It is very common with PCS and usually most prevalent when we push our memory. When it only happens occasionally, some call it temporary stress aphasia. I just call it 'word finding difficulties' because I can usually overcome it by relaxing my mind. True aphasia do not respond to relaxing though.

My word finding was very bad in the beginning. Now, it is rare and tied to stressing my mind.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote