Thread: mestinon
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 09:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
You should see a GI about it...they deal with esophageal issues.

The manometry is an uncomfortable test but good test to confirm/deny the condition. They treat this the same way they treat vasospasms of cardiac arteries (symptoms are exactly the same---chest pain like a heart attack). Again, very treatable.

Being that you have other autonomic issues with BP, swallowing, etc, this is certainly related (spasms of this nature are typically autonomic related). Hope you get to the bottom of it. Not sure why you are seeing endo (hormone doctor) for this.
Sorry not endo, gastro.

I tried the mestinon. A half dose. I've taken it once a day 30 mg for two days. I really can't tell it does much. However, I ran 2.5 miles on treadmill tonight and I went for a swim this afternoon. Which is pretty remarkable when I think about how awful I have felt for the past month. I think the key for me is to just stay cool. The heat kills me.

I am now 4 weeks off of levo. I think that my body has finally adapted. My blood pressure is "normal" 90/60 now. I have always been on the low side. When I am regularly running, it gets back to normal. But it's sure hard to run when you feel like you're going to pass out.

I appreciate everyone's comments. It is scary trying a new med. My body has enough of it's own side effects without others being added to it.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote