View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, I know... some of the new information is very sobering.
Now you know why doctors don't inform themselves about this and other topics well. They have very little chemistry and drug classes in school. And they have learned to rely on salespeople for drug info, which is not good for patients, either.

If you expose yourself to the technical stuff a little each day you will learn it eventually. Not too much at one time, as you need to sleep on it to learn it well.

And yes, you can just take both methylated B12 and folate, and see what happens. It takes time to get better though, so don't expect a fast result. Neither one of these nutrients has terrible consequences like drugs do. The only big contraindication for B12 is having a condition called polycythemia vera...which is too many red blood cells. Otherwise B12 is quite benign. Just take 800mcg of the methylfolate daily as higher doses require a prescription RX.

Ok, so... with some further research i managed to find this website:**,which made reading about MTHFR gene much more straight-forward, and this has helped me to understand quite a bit more about it now

On the back of this, and your advice MrsD, I have ordered some B9-methylfolate to add to my b12 methlycobalmine supplements, which i will start taking alongside the B1-benfotiamine. For the purpose of clearer testing I have decided to stop taking Alpha lipoic acid for the time being.

Alongside this regime, I have quit drinking alcohol and am currently 4 days into a ketogenic diet which i do hope to continue. Unfortunately however, the keto diet may well fall apart from next weekend when i am due to go on holiday, i will definitely not be giving in to drinking. I do still feel though, that a 1 week keto trial will be worthwhile, if for nothing more than just to test the water.

Im still awaiting the results of my celiac blood test, though feel this is very unlikely, so further dietary changes, post-keto, would be to try removing Nightshades, histamines and MSG.

I will report back to tell how i am getting on in a few weeks, i do understand that this is not a quick process though so i am not getting my hopes too high but hopefully i will have some good news.

Thanks again for all the info, everyone

Last edited by Chemar; 07-11-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: ** New Members may not link and also may not edit in links that the system removed
JimJamJones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote