View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
CRPSbe,

You might want to investigate the Wim Hof breathing technique. He is known as the IceMan, because he is able to withstand icy temperatures. Originally, it was believed that he was unique, but this is not the case, as he has trained others to do what he can.

I can do some of the breathing techniques he teaches, but I am unable to bear the cold water part of his technique. I was able to lower the temperature of my showers and have almost stopped shivering when I get too cold. Although the past two cooler days have been a challenge that required a heating pad on high to warm me up.

I suspect that what WH does is similar to yogi breathing and that learning breath control could benefit CRPSers, due to a connection to the Vagus Nerve and its connection to the autonomous control of our bodies. I been avoiding doing anything drastic until I find out the results of the brain surgery I had early this year, but once it is confirmed that it is safe for me I am going to try the full WH method or take a yogic breathing class.
Breathing techniques don't work for my CRPS. I'm sorry, I'm just not a big believer of things like that. Not my cup of tea. I don't see what this has to do with calcitonin?
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote