Thread: mestinon
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
Sorry not endo, gastro.

I tried the mestinon. A half dose. I've taken it once a day 30 mg for two days. I really can't tell it does much. However, I ran 2.5 miles on treadmill tonight and I went for a swim this afternoon. Which is pretty remarkable when I think about how awful I have felt for the past month. I think the key for me is to just stay cool. The heat kills me.

I am now 4 weeks off of levo. I think that my body has finally adapted. My blood pressure is "normal" 90/60 now. I have always been on the low side. When I am regularly running, it gets back to normal. But it's sure hard to run when you feel like you're going to pass out.

I appreciate everyone's comments. It is scary trying a new med. My body has enough of it's own side effects without others being added to it.
I tried it for a week at the same dose, sometimes adding another 30 mg in the evening. I didn't notice any bad or good effects until the last dose I took with in 20 minutes my face and head became very hot and flushed feeling.
The good thing about this med is that it is short acting so the feeling only lasted for a short time. I think I know now that increasing to 60mg might not be the answer. This med might not be for me. There are some great stories online though of how it helped people with dystautonmia, fibro stuff.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote