View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 03:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile Need Help with PCS recovery strategy

I am an avid cyclist who had a rather unfortunate encounter with an SUV being driven by an inattentive driver. 11 months post accident I am still struggling with PCS. I am an Operations Manager for a large utility company in California. I have slowly progressed from being off work, to 2 hour days, then 4, now 6, but I have not made much progress in the last 6 months. My employer needs me to be back to full hours and work output in the next 30-60 days or they will have to consider long term disability. Because of this, my Dr. team is trying everything to speed things along including some off label use of Amantadine and Ritalin, but neither seem to be helping much (although the first 36 hours after starting Ritalin I felt amazingly calm, focused and present). My biggest complaints are feeling foggy and not able to concentrate/focus, noise sensitivity, feeling like my brain is only using the information from one eye at a time??? and that my eyes are not working together despite doing convergence exercises regularly, headache, I cannot tolerate more than one source of information at a time, and constant tinnitus.

Any thoughts/history with Amantadine or Ritalin?
Brian in California is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote