View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 04:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Hello eva: The Skeezyks has made a couple of attempts of his own previously. Yes, as bizi mentioned, it's likely your daughter will be transferred to a psychiatric ward once she is medically stable. The thing I want to mention here is that, both times I was hospitalized following suicide attempts, when I was discharged there was little done to ensure I received ongoing treatment following my release. And pretty-much what little was done was all wrong. As a result, I simply ended up going home & sitting.

So, from my perspective, the important thing here (in addition to being there for her now) is for you to take an active role in seeing to it that there is an appropriate aftercare plan in place for your daughter once she is released from the hospital, whether it is directly from a medical unit or from a psych ward. This will help to minimize the risk that this very sad event will recur. It can also be of benefit to you. It can give you something to channel your grief into. Please do also keep in mind that this is taking an emotional toll on you as well. You may also want to reach out for some support in real life whether it be to a trusted family member or friend or possibly a mental health therapist. I wish you both well...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-11-2016), DMACK (07-11-2016), eva5667faliure (07-13-2016), OhKay (07-12-2016), PamelaJune (07-11-2016)