View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:52 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Maybe a standing MRI? That may show if standing & gravity is a factor..
Bulging disks alone may or may not cause pain..it all depends on the details..
Sometimes MRI reports might say mild , moderate, severe, and if something is impinging on a nerve or the spinal cord..

We do have a Spinal forum where more information on spine care can be found.

Have you had any phys therapy?
Perhaps low level laser, IF stim or acupuncture might be helpful.
Hmm, could have sworn I answered this but it hasn't shown up in a long time...

I have done standing MRI and it showed more bulging in my lower back.

Again, as you said bulging may or may not be causing my pain. But I certainly don't know what is. MRIs just don't show everything and there has to be more ways to diagnose the issues. I have done an evoked potential but it was only slightly off. My EMG seemed OK. But what on earth is causing this continuous pain? And what can Drs do to determine what is other than calling it a mental disorder?

I can't imagine that in the 3 minutes between my car accident and the starting of the pain that I suddenly developed two mental disorders. I also have read and re-read and studied the disorders and I do not fit ANY of the criteria for either of them. I am so baffled.

I have done chiropractor, physical therapy and I do continue to do it at home so I don't feel that I am that weak, I am just in excruciating pain!

I wish I knew if there were other tests that could be done. Like nerve blocks or anything else????

Went to the spinal section and no one has replied to me at all. Sad. Maybe I really am a lost cause and just have mental disorders? Everyone seems convinced but me...
Peregrine1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote