View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear about your foot, Kitty. I'm disabled and walk with a cane as well. My "good leg" isn't really that great, and I would be SOL if something happened to it, so I can understand your predicament. I hope it heals fast

It sounds like you are eating healthy to me

Diet Day 1:

height: 5'9"
weight: 167lb
BMI: 24.7 (normal= 18.5-24.9, overweight= 25-29.9)

I have hypothyroidism due to long-term lithium use. I take 75mcg of synthroid a day. I'm going to have my thyroid levels checked today to make sure they are within the normal range and not contributing to my weight gain at this time.

I'm actually supposed to limit the fat free half and half to 2 tbsp a day. There's a lot of sodium in it and it has 3g of carbs (probably "bad carbs") in it per 2 tbsp. I need that per cup of coffee. I'm letting myself off the hook today, but will be switching to skim milk (which I don't currently have in the house) tomorrow. I'm using 1 little packet of NuStevia per cup, which is about the equivalent of 2 tsp of sugar. It's tolerable. The second cup went down easier. I will get used to it.

I'm having 2 1/2 slices of canadian bacon and sliced tomatoes for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are up in the air until when/if I go food shopping, but I see a lot of salads and turkey bacon in my future.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-12-2016), Dmom3005 (07-12-2016)