View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

For me, grocery shopping depends on the layout of the store. Here, we have Albertsons and Winco. Albertsons uses all kind of multi-media and signage all over the place that creates quite a visual zoo to fight through. Winco is a plain brown wrapper store. Well laid out and spacious. I have to get in and out of Albertsons fast. I can wander through Winco for half an hour with no problem.

Smells, sounds, lights, voices, can all be a part of the stimulation. Ear plugs can lower the sound level. Sunglasses and a hat can lower the brightness.

There is also a need to set the right attitude. Going with an anxious start is not good. Shopping/errands during low traffic times is best.

Lists are important. Trying to remember with all the stimulation is very stressful.

There are many trick, work-arounds and other accommodations that can be used to make different environments tolerable. What kind of job are you starting? Maybe there are ways you can lower the stress levels.

It would be helpful to get a home blood pressure kit. That way you can check to see if blood pressure rises are contributing to you symptoms. A beta blocker like propranolol or atenolol as an emergency aid can work wonders. My wife takes 1/4 to 1/2 the dose her doc prescribed and get great results when she has those odd spikes in BP.

Hope this helps. We are here for you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote