View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 03:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in California View Post
I am still checking with the person who handled my physical and vestibular therapy. I know that my neck was an early cause of many of the headaches I was having. My therapist spent a good deal of time over many appointments working on my neck, but I am unsure if Occipital Nerve Injury at C2 was something she was looking for specifically.

I have ridden bikes my whole life. I was training for my first 24 hour event when this accident happened. I can't imagine moving forward with a life without cycling in it, but every time I push too hard on the stationary trainer I end up increasing my symptoms.
I would test that heart rate, without movement. (of course warm up...lol) then: wall squat with a hrm....then rest. then SLOW cadence via same hr bpm. (60 or less)(i know...not best on knees) then rest. then spin at 95-100 to same hr. rest....then "spin out" for a minute or so...till you know u start seat bouncing a little...lol (this will reveal things to you)

me been there...done that. the fingertip pressure point test can be rather quick and effective...especially if the nerve is possibly overlapped with a neck ligament...when you head maybe played thrash about. (almost 2 years of doctors and therapist missing such a simple test....for me)(knowledge is power)
Pedalspinner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote