View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 04:03 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

if stretching your neck to the left or right, tilt left or right, tilt up or down increases symptoms. limit neck movements, make three homemade flexible icepacks of 5 oz rubbing alcohol to 3 oz of water, double ziplock bag it. (qt size is nice) freeze all, single hankerchief, place one in it, tie around your neck so flexible ice area is covering from your hairline to about 3" downward of back of neck. keep swapping out for colder ones until it is actually starting to burn with cold. if it gets to the point of ur fingertip touching that back area of your neck is almost numb to the touch, then back off icing...once you reach that burning cold point..(hankerchief as single layer between)...see if your tolerance to do more increases. hankerchief allows tightening of flexible ice pack as it thaws...and as it thaws...with both hands just swish cold fluid back and forth to mix up warming fluid with the cold fluid still in it. if this helps at all...be forewarned...once that neck area warms up...sooner or later...symptoms will likely increase...this is just a half arsed delay tactic that works for me...just numbing with cold that occipital nerve area.

I want to follow ur progress..may we learn from each other.
Pedalspinner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote