View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 04:13 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default mental health

if you have access to see one...trust me...find a phsychologist that specializes in TBI and or post concussive patients... if not just has a lot of them as their majority. the wrong one will do you nothing good mentally. (i found out). "learning the new you" that is your new part time job. no one can better learn what triggers, what elevates, what burns you out mentally...then yourself. their job is to help you get through it and maybe find the doc or therapist that can help you adjust. Downtime with boredom can be your nemesis. find something to preoccupy your mind depending on what u r able to do each day. even if that means that you are just laying down and just resting while listening to an audio book. if sleep is an issue...restful sleep. try librivox app on a smart phone or tablet. find a free online audio book that you might like, download it, listen to it with earbuds...even as you sleep. it will help to subconsciously keep ur brain distracted to maybe help get a more restful sleep or just pass downtime. I hope this helps.
Pedalspinner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote