View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 04:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jessie (PatternsInTheIvy),

You've expressed yourself very well, I think.

The first thing any doctor will want to know is what meds you're taking, and you've listed them along with their dosages. You probably know that you should take that list with you to the doctor's appointment.

But have you checked all of those medicines to see what their possible side effects/adverse reactions are? Some of your symptoms just might be related to the meds you're taking.

I hope that you will see the neuro soon. Your neurological symptoms sound severe. Some of them occur with MS, but then there are many symptoms that crop up with MS. The symptoms can also be part of some other problem.

Of course you have to let the doctor know about whatever meds you're taking but otherwise you might not want to mention any of the psychiatric difficulties unless you're specifically asked. If you can differentiate between the conversion disorder symptoms and physiologically caused symptoms, you should emphasize the physiological ones and skip the others.

I understand your post to mean that you'd like to be taken more seriously in terms of your medical (physical) problems instead of being categorized as a psychiatric case and given psychiatric drugs.

This is understandable, for people who have psychiatric disorders can ALSO have medical problems that need to be treated for what they are.

I hope you'll find some answers soon.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (07-13-2016), PatternsInTheIvy (07-12-2016), tkrik (07-13-2016)