Thread: Osteopathy
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:23 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks for the info Mark!
It's not one particular symptom - I was just walking by a place and saw a sign that said they help with PCS patients. So I went in to chat with them but I just didn't know what they did differently than say a physio and Massage therapist. Currently I have prescriptions for massage therapy and physio so I was just curious about osteopathy.

I guess I'm just trying to find a way to get over this as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Osteopathy (DO vs MD) includes a wide range of skills and protocols. Osteopathic manipulation is a subset of cranial-sacral therapy. Many osteopaths eschew cranial reading and manipulations and focus just on the spinal manipulations. Not quite a chiropractor level of 'pop' spinal manipulations. More of a massage the vertebra into place.

There is a wide range of skills and treatment philosophies within the DO industry so what one person may find beneficial, another person or different osteopath may have different results.

It is a 'ya gotta find the right one' kind of situation.

I've been examined by a few osteopaths with no benefit.

You will find anecdotal benefits. Patient X saw this benefit when treated for symptom Y by DO Z.

So, you will find some success stories just as some neuros are helpful. Even some PCPs are helpful. It just depends.

What symptoms do you have that you found that DO's could possibly help ?

Last edited by Scoots86; 07-12-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a little more.
Scoots86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote