View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
Thank you MrsD for all of your input. I do have one last question for you that I am hoping you can answer for me.

the PN in my hands is really weird, it isn't a numbness or loss of sensation so much, it happens randomly. Well, I used to think it was random but I have noticed lately that it happens after my hands get cold. My fingers turn almost white and then once they warm up, my fingers turn bright red and they hurt like hell. It's like a stinging, tingling, hyper sensitivity in my fingertips and my fingers burn. The uncomfortable sensations don't last too long, but it can linger a bit and have mini flare ups after.

It just happened after holding a glass of ice water and it happened yesterday after I went from my AC apartment into the humidity outside and it happened when I was out of town last week after I went swimming in a freezing cold lake.

Do you know much about this? Is this part of the PN too?
That sounds like Raynaud's phenomenon. I've had that in the past and yes, it hurts like hell!

"Raynaud's disease signs and symptoms include:
Cold fingers or toes
Color changes in your skin in response to cold or stress
Numb, prickly feeling or stinging pain upon warming or stress relief
During an attack of Raynaud's, affected areas of your skin usually first turn white. Then, the affected areas often turn blue and feel cold and numb. As you warm and circulation improves, the affected areas may turn red, throb, tingle or swell. The order of the color changes isn't the same for everyone, and not everyone experiences all three colors." (mayoclinic.org)
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote