View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for explaining--especially about the "boxcutter." I didn't quite understand that part of your earlier post!

I hope your mother will be helpful. Sometimes people feel more comfortable having someone with them, even if it's only so the other person might pick up some information that might have been missed.

Maybe you hear the doctor say one thing but your mother hears it a slightly different way. You can compare notes and see if one of you hasn't understood right.

It's hard to call a doctor after an appointment and say, "Excuse me but is this what you said?"

The doctor probably will have access to the psychiatric history. Some doctors don't even glance at previous records and prefer to form their own ideas based on their observations.

I hope that this one will turn out to be one of those. Or at least intelligent enough to realize that their colleagues can be wrong. Or to realize that you can have these psychiatric problems but also have an organic disorder.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (07-13-2016), PatternsInTheIvy (07-12-2016), tkrik (07-13-2016)