View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi jessie & welcome to NT,

i agree with agate. she brings up some good points.
i think it's always good to bring someone with you to dr appts for a 2nd set of ears. since you have many symptoms conditions having someone as experienced as your mom to advocate WITH you can be very helpful.

it may be harder to gain the respect/help of your drs because of your psychiatric conditions. just the nature of the beast imho. i would write down your Q's. i do all the time. my drs actually appreciate it & have come to expect it at the end of my appt. i write down their answers.

i really hope your appt goes well. i have a good pcp that takes me seriously & can also advocate for me. i hope you do too. if you havn't already start a medical file on yourself. like copies of dr visit notes & copies of cd's from CT scans etc. it will help if you see other drs to have these records.

i have learned a lot from reading my dr's notes. and, i've found errors that sometimes i've made them change in my files. no sense in muddying the waters with inaccurate into.

anyway, i've rambled enuf. please let us know how you are. you sound like a smart, educated, strong young woman. i'm sorry you're dealing with so much.

judy
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PatternsInTheIvy (07-13-2016), tkrik (07-13-2016)