View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Jessie! Welcome to NT!

You certainly have a lot going on right now. There are many things that can cause your symptoms and, unfortunately, it may take some time to sort it all out. Keep track of your symptoms so that you can present it to the neurologist. Write down when the symptom started, stopped, the intensity, what you were doing when the symptom started, was there anything you did to make the symptom go away, etc. This will be helpful in identifying any trends, if there are any.

Also, has your OB/Gyn done any testing in regards to hormones? Since you have PCOS, testing all hormone levels, not just FSH or estrogren, may be helpful. I think it's androgen that causes mood related symptoms in PCOS, but I can't remember. I also just read an article about PCOS and anemia and the crazy symptoms they can cause. I don't remember where I read that so I can't post the link.

Have you been to an endocrinologist? I'm not saying what you have going on is related to that but there may be a metabolic/hormonal component to the what you are experiencing. Any testing they do can help rule out (or in) MS.

Have you had your B12 tested? A low or high could cause some of the symptoms you are having including the short term memory loss, fatigue, and depression. If you have not had it done, you may want to get it checked.

Those are just some of the things I thought of when I was reading through your post. I am glad your mom will be going with you to be your advocate. I think having an advocate at appointments can be really helpful. Even having someone there to take notes and such is a good idea.

Did you get an MRI of your brain and spine?

Please let us know how you are doing, if you have any more questions or concerns, and how your appointment goes. Hang in there! The answer to your symptoms is there, it just needs to be discovered.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (07-23-2016), PatternsInTheIvy (07-13-2016)