View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 03:50 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hello,
I am a new member as well. I am 8 months post recovery. I was in an MVA, rear-ended, back in November. I was diagnosed with whiplash and a concussion. I am still off work as a nurse on a med/surg, hospice unit. I was working on my masters as a nurse practitioner, primary care. I did have to drop from the program.
I now am diagnosed with PCS, as well as TMJ, PTSD and occipital neuralgia. I have cognitive issues (i.e. difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, short term memory lapses, difficulty following conversations), ringing in the ears, light and noise sensitivity, difficulty in walking in the dark, vertigo, disequilibrium, headaches, nausea.
Everybody will have different recovery times. No neurologist that I have seen could give me a date for full recovery. Everyone heals differently. If you don't feel ready to return to work, don't! If you push yourself too hard, it could delay recovery. I tried returning to school, online, in June. That was a disaster! I gave myself a severe headache and couldn't drive for 3 days.
Just hang in there, keep positive, and listen to what your body tells you.
jrm196775 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote