View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 04:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Jessie

Just something to add to your search for answers: Have you considered the possibility of a genetic disposition contributing to the cause of your conditions?

Here's a link to an abstract of a meta-analysis review of case-control studies of two MTHFR polymorphisms and major psychiatric disorders.

Meta-analysis of MTHFR gene variants in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and unipolar depressive disorder: evidence for a common genetic vulnerability? - PubMed - NCBI

If you look to the right side of the web page there's a list of similar articles which may be worth researching.

I don't know how easy it is to get genetic testing within the medical (insurance) system in the US (or if you have to pay privately). But getting it done, and if the results indicate a susceptibility, and you have associated studies, this may help your neuro (if you get a receptive one) to better plan your treatment. A lot of 'ifs' I know - but with the help of your medically trained parents and your own studies I hope you can find a way through this complicated medical maze.

All the best
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PatternsInTheIvy (07-13-2016)